Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Julia/Julie ?!


Dear readers!!

Phew! I haven't got any readers to my blog since long ago :P I hadn't posted new either :) And today when i saw the Google doodle, it said that its "Julia Child's" 100th birthday today.Child was an American author,chef who introduced French cuisine to America and published a book named " Mastering the art of French cooking".I was attracted to this image and that lady's lovely smile and went on reading more.Why Julia Hated Julie




Julie Powell , an American author began to write in her blog about her attempts to cook all the recipes from Julia Child's French cuisine book. The readers were curious and the blog got its attention to numerous people.Julie published a book about her trails on this challenge on 'cooking the recipes from Child's book within a year'. "365 days , 524 recipes and 1 tiny apartment kitchen" is the book..And following that, a movie has been taken ,starred by Meryl streep and Amy Adams (I love her 'Enchanted' movie) based on this blogger Julie Powell and her challenge.It was told that Julia was unhappy with the blogger and said its not easy to try all those recipes in a short period. Hold on , A movie about a blogger (hehe blogger ,,the word stressed here means not the ones like me posting once in a while!! ), interesting, Isn't it? I had this thought ," people go to places doing things which they think are valuable and interesting" .Everyone have got their own talents and rewards , that need not to be universal.They know which can enlighten them. hehe? Com'on ..I mean it.. :)

People who haven't heard their music inside, do find it .. and those who do your DIYs ,Dont be afraid to take risk and don't let your confidence down.


When I started this post, I thought to enter a humorous post which turned out like this.Bear it. Now once again do u people believe in "If i try my favourite chef's recipes as a challenge and write down a book,will tat be a hit? "hehe.Can i try ? A quick and big 'No' will be coming from the victim of my trails..;) Ahem, not that much worse ,my recipes were.U can trust me :D
Might the story be old, I read it just before and gonna watch the movie :)


Btw, Laura Vitale from the "Laura in the Kitchen" is my inspiration nowadays :) wow! She s lovely in making dishes and her sweet accent.I tried few of her recipes and the making of Cinnamon rolls was a big hit :) (proud ! Ahem) Dont ask me about the hard pizzas(so called ) and unshaped cupcakes I tried. Once in a while, We fail too.Right? ;)

bye...!

1 comment: